Reasons for pruning:
- To remove dead branches.
- To eliminate hazards.
- To remove crossing or crowded limbs.
- To slow growth by removing foliage.
- To reduce wind resistance.
- To increase light penetration.
- Generally growth is maximized if pruning is done just before rapid periods of growth. If the objective is to reduce plant growth prune after the growing season.
- Remove dead or hazardous limbs at any time.
- Be careful not to prune flower buds off. You will lose your flowering for the year.
- Cuts should be made …